My second time in Jeju, I found one of the best hotels in Seogwipo: Hotel Gaon J Stay. Let me tell you why based on the budget and everything you need to know, especially if you’re driving in Jeju!
Keep reading to learn why this is one of the best hotels in Seogwipo.
About Hotel Gaon J Stay
Hotel Gaon J Stay is a 3-star hotel with many restaurants nearby to make your stay more indulgent and memorable. The hotel contains 8 rooms that suit a solo, couple and family of 4 travellers.
The rooms included
- 1 Person in 8-Bed Dormitory – Male Only: This room is for 1 adult.
- 1 Person in 4-Bed Dormitory – Female Only: This room is for 1 adult.
- Standard Single: This room is made for 1 adult.
- Bed in 8-Bed Male Dormitory Room: This room is made for 1 adult.
- Standard Double: This room can fit 2 adults and 1 kid aged 0 to 3 years old.
- Standard Twin: This room can fit 2 adults.
- Standard Triple: This room can fit 3 adults and 1 kid aged 0 to 3 years old.
- Standard Quad: This room can fit 4 adults and 1 kid aged 0 to 3 years old.
Copy and paste this hotel name in Korean for you to use the Naver Map while driving: 호텔 가온 제이스테이.
Facilities provided by the hotel
My husband and I booked the Standard Double room, which can fit 2 adults and 1 kid aged 0 to 3 years old. We paid RM 442.08 (including taxes and fees, RM 83.44) for 4 nights, which for me, is a steal!
The price for the room that I booked included
- Free WiFi
- Drinking water bottles in a fridge
- Towels, the small one and bathroom slippers.
- Amenities (body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, soap bar, hair dryer)
I love staying at the Seogwipo area in Jeju because that’s where you can see all the blue sea and great seafood spots along the area. I have stayed at Kodakkodak Guesthouse before, but I felt like Hotel Gaon J Stay is one of the best hotels in Seogwipo!
The hotel provided a parking basement, a bit dark and narrow but always available when we went back from exploring. So that’s very convenient. At night we can park the car there and explore the area.
It’s nearby Seogwipo Olle Market, and seafood restaurants like Negeori Restaurant (네거리식당) are all over the place. All you need to do is walk and explore!
There are many things to discuss in the area, but the most important is the room. The room is huge for 2 people, I paid the same price as I paid in Seoul, but the space is twice the size at Hotel Gaon J Stay. The basic facilities are there, except toothbrushes, and if you don’t like small towels, you might want to take note of this and bring your own.
The hotel also provides a common room area that includes billiards, a game room and a place where you can hang out. The front desk is also helpful; they can converse in several languages, including English. No worries, travel is easy if you don’t speak Korean and live in the technological era.
If you’re looking for more convenience than the view, Hotel Gaon J Stay is one of the hotels in Seogwipo that you can book when you’re in Jeju.
HOTEL GAON J STAY (호텔 가온 제이스테이) INFO: Address: 23, Seomun-ro 41 beon-gil, Seogwipo, Jeju, South Korea, 63592 How to get to the hotel: A 1 hour, 4 minute drive from Jeju International Airport. Check-in / Check-out: From 3.00pm (24 hours) / Express check-out