Simple Kimchi Pancake [Kimchijeon 김치전] Recipe
아녕 친구! I know we have stuck at home for a while now. We must have been trying tons of recipes and sometimes rotate them because, like clothes, I sometimes don’t know what to cook. My husband said my cooking skill is getting better, so I want to treat myself a Kimchi Pancake. Let’s go!
INGREDIENTS for the pancake: • 1 cup of sour kimchi • 1 cup of water • 1 cup of pancake mix • Green onions • A bit of chilli powder • A bit of sugar
INGREDIENTS for the dipping sauce: • 4 tablespoons of light soy sauce • 1 tablespoons of vinegar • 1 tablespoon of sesame oil • 1 teaspoon of sugar • Some chilli and Holland onion • A bit of sesame seed
1. Put one cup of sour kimchi in a bowl and cut it into small pieces with scissors! I bought the Oppa Kimchi’s homemade cabbage kimchi on Shopee here.
2. Get the green onion and chilli powder. Put half of it first. If you like spicy, you can put all of it.
3. Add some sugar.
5. Get that one cup of water and pour a bit first into the mixture. If it’s too dry, add more water.
6. Stir until you’re satisfied with the mixture.
7. Pour a generous amount of oil.
8. Pour 1-2 scoops of the pancake mixture. Make sure to twirl it to avoid the pancake mixture from sticking to the pan.
9. Use a spatula to flip it over and let it cook until it’s crispy!
10. Time to serve the pancake with the dipping sauce.
That’s basically it! If you use this recipe, don’t forget to share it in the comment box below or tag me on Instagram @aqaliliazizan. I would love to repost my Insta story. Until then, make sure to stay safe and let me know what more K-recipe you want me to try. I will try to develop a simple way to do it, endlessly looking for tips like maangchi!